Pages

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

I’m full of dreams
Of thoughts
Of memories that haven’t happened

Gracefully

I build a web
To hide behind
Of words unsaid
To keep me safe from those who pry
And if they tried
To break the fragile threads
Instead they’d find
A wall so thick
Of shattered lies
And dead


Desires


I’m full of longing
Of need
For a life that isn’t mine

I’m lonely
In my cell
I built from photographs
The window only goes one way
I see through crystal glass
And I’m the only one
On an island of shadows
A ghost
Invisible
With so many others
I feel their eyes
Searching
We all know the pain
But my hands are grasping empty

We’ve already run away
©

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the insistent metaphors about walls and boundaries.
The way they keep others out, but also trap us in.

May you find the strength to cross lines and climb fences.

-
Aubry