Pages

Thursday, June 26, 2008

I don’t know you
Yet I love you

You’ve walked in all my dreams
Your footprints leave a memory
Of images half seen
A wistfulness on waking
A sense of something lost
But you weren’t mine to start with
All that’s lost is my own mind
The photo’s on my windowsill
Vanish in the light
Your whispers are an open window
In the silent night
No footsteps tread beside me
Just the beating of my heart
All the moments spent together
Just a timeless work of art
No one knows you
Yet I love you
You only walk in dreams
Our footsteps leave sweet memories
In places never seen
A knowledge in half-waking
A sense of something found
In the chaos of reality

The hand that helped me drown

©

2 comments:

Sheila said...

Wow, that is so good. Thank you for sharing, Isabelle!

Idzie Desmarais said...

Thank you :-)