Pages

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Filled by Words

Inspired by some really great slam poetry I was listening to, this poem was originally supposed to be longer, but I never finished it.  I probably never will.  It was also never rewritten or edited at all.  But, here it is in all it's rough and unfinished glory!

The words…
They wriggle underneath my skin,
Fill up the cavity of my chest
Empty, before now.
Fill me up and make my fingers tingle
Eyes closed
Awaiting the continuation of the dreaming world
Knowing
That sometimes the truth is too big to hold inside for long.
The remnants are left in the cracks on my lips
Lips that those words never passed through.
Leaving instead the same way they arrived
Breaking through my skin,
Trickling down my flesh like rain
While the sky is clear.
And my fingers click
Click away at the dusty keys in a desperate
Hopeful spill of click-click-clicking sound.
Knowing it was all gone long before I knew to reach

1 comment:

Karen said...

Really enjoyed this.