Pages

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Risk

Tuesday, April 7, 2010

why?  I ask
watching from behind the blinds
as someone rides by
blocking out the world with two small earbuds.
 
I know the certainty of holding back
like the boy on the bicycle
staying hidden
content in containment of Self
risk gets forgotten.
pushed carefully to the back of the closet
where I don't have to look at it
and can almost
almost-
forget it's existence.
 
dancing in confinement
starts to feel like freedom
after a while.
 
but risk is always there
even when I close my eyes tightly
thinking of warm places
and sweet darkness.
I feel the pull
longing
for something spicy
dangerous.
sparkling eyes and bitten lips
strange streets and breathless laughter.

distant
dreamlike.
reality seems so mundane, sometimes.
Life something that happens
on the other side of the glass:
not for me.

But…
  
yesterday,
I opened the door
just for a moment:

the sunshine smelled like adventure.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like it. I can understand it. It makes sense to me. I can visualize the moment you're describing. I'm sorry I don't know how to give better feedback on your poetry but I wanted to share that I think it's pretty good.

Idzie Desmarais said...

Thank you!! :-)